Carlsbad Village Association (responsible for many fun events throughout the year in our downtown area), is sponsoring a series of Art Hops, with the 3rd one next Thursday, September 27th from 5:00 to 8:00 pm.
Carlsbad has a wonderful reputation as an arts community, and Art Hop is a terrific time to enjoy downtown Carlsbad Village and experience some of the beautiful art that makes our community so special, and meet the artists.
There are 3 major locations PLUS pop-up artists at the Village Faire with more beauty to enjoy. Art Hop will also feature artist demonstrations, live music, and refreshments.
Here are the 3 galleries taking part in Art Hop:
Foundry Artist Studios – enjoy works by the 16 resident artists plus a featured artist and live music. At 2787 State Street at the New Village Arts Theater.
Carlsbad Village Faire at 300 Carlsbad Village Drive – this popular shopping and dining venue will feature the COAL Gallery (Carlsbad Oceanside Art League), and Lynn Forbes Sculpture . Both will feature live music and light refreshments.
Residents already are well aware that Carlsbad has a long and growing reputation as an arts community; here are some of the artsy things that contribute to our reputation:
- Art Galleries
- The city-owned Walter D. Cannon Art Gallery (at the Dove Library Complex in South Carlsbad)
- Arts and Crafts fairs
- ArtWalk Carlsbad – the inaugural art festival is September 22 and 23
- Plenty of public art including sculpture and wall murals AND The Carlsbad Art Wall
- The New Village Arts Theater
- An Interactive Public Art Map on the City of Carlsbad website
- TGIF Concerts in the Parks series on 9 consecutive Fridays in the summer (FREE)
- The Museum of Making Music (MOMM)