It’s almost time for the Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch to open – just 3 weeks from yesterday on March 1st.
The 50 acres of beautiful Ranunculas have been part of the Carlsbad landscape, and a popular tourist destination, for about 60 years.
In addition to the gorgeous fields of flowers there are multiple events and activities during their open season, from March 1 through Mother’s day which is May 10th this year.
Here are some of the things you can enjoy and that will probably make you want to visit more than once!!
- Huge poinsettia display and an orchid greenhouse
- Events include Kids Day, musical events, arts and crafts, several Girl Scout Days, flower-arranging workshops, the special Mother’s Day Celebration on Closing Day, May 10th, and more!
- School tours and programs
- American Flag of Flowers on the south side of the fields – you can see it from Palomar Airport Road at Armada Drive by Costco
- Demonstration garden with ornamental and edible plants
- Ride on the antique tractor wagon to really enjoy the views – and it’s easier on the feet!
Be aware that advance tickets are required for certain events (see the calendar of events).
You can purchase tickets online including tickets for the tractor wagon rides.
I also enjoy the views of the Flower Fields (and the panorama including the ocean) from Armada Drive above the fields…and the viewing is FREE!
The Flower Fields can be readily seen from the 5 freeway – just look to the east. They are located at 5704 Paseo Del Norte adjacent to Armstrong Gardens and the Carlsbad Outlets Mall.